Monday, August 25, 2014

Bachlorette Favors

Last weekend I threw a bachlorette party for my best friend.

It was awesome.

After a lot of pinterest stalking, I decided on two favors.

The first favor was glittered champagne flutes. 




 
This process was pretty easy, but a little time-consuming.

Supplies needed:

  •  Champagne flutes (purchased mine at the dollar store)
  • Martha Stewart All-Surface Glitter Paint (the tutorial I looked at mentioned Martha Stewart's glass glitter paint. I only later discovered that the glass paint isn't produced any more, and the all surface paint works on glass as well. You can find this at Jo-Ann's or Michaels) 
  • Sponge Brush
  • Aluminum Foil
I did my glittering freehand, although you could use painter's tape to make a more delineated line. 

I poured some paint onto aluminum foil, dipped the sponge brush in the paint, and just dabbed onto the glasses. I tried to do a gradient effect - more paint on the bottom and less as you moved up the glass.

I also let the paint dry for at least an hour between each layer.

The sich on washing/glitter staying-power: The paint bottle says the paint will cure in 21 days. I made these only a few days before the party, so I told the ladies to rinse with warm soapy water, but to wait to dishwash until the 21 days were up. 



The second favor was emergency kits that included the following items:
  • bottle of water
  • gum
  • advil
  • a hair tie
  • a mint
  • a nail file
  • mouthwash
  • chocolate
  • band-aid 




No comments:

Post a Comment