Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Highlights

1) Date Night at Meat.

source: Lansing City Pulse

Joe and I went to Meat for dinner on Friday night. Meat is a barbeque restaurant in Old Town, Lansing. We had both heard great things, but also heard that it's small and can get crowded fast, so when I got off work early, it was a natural choice to get there at 5, hopefully before the dinner rush. When we go there, there was already a line, but we were quickly seated -- the perks of a party of 2!

We started with bacon chili fries, and then Joe ordered the 3 meat plate, and I went for the mac and cheese.

It was all fantastic. And their homemade bbq sauces were also great. overall, loved it, and would totally go back again.

2) Maizey's Half Birthday



Saturday was Maizey's half birthday. She had a vet visit in the morning that involved two pokes, but she took it like a champ, and we were home early enough in the day for me to prepare a pupcake. which she promptly devoured. nice work Maizey.

Also it snowed, big fat flakes Sunday morning. So of course Maizey and I went outside and played in it. And I captured this wonderful photo.



I wish I hadn't centered here, because it would be a much better "Where's Maizey?" photo if she wasn't in the middle. I think I will make an instagram series once the snow starts accumulating, and put Maizey in locations in the frame, other than right in the middle. Also, Maizey has her own instagram, in case you didn't know. @thedailymaizey. check it out.

3) Nike Training Club's Legs and Abs

Nike Fitness Club is an app for your phone that provides both strength training and cardio work outs. It goes step by step through each move, with videos to show you how to do it, and with cues for proper form. The only annoying thing is that if you want to wuss out (which I do, ALL THE TIME), you can't just skip a move -- you have to wait until the timer runs out.



Anyway, I did legs and abs on Saturday.

And now I want to do nothing. So sore, moving is so difficult. agh.

But at least it was a good work out?

1 comment:

  1. Meat sounds like the kind of place my husband would really enjoy! Well, I like meat, too :) Have you been to Bad Brad's BBQ before? There's one in Shelby Township, one in New Baltimore and I think one in Clinton Twp, too. They have great barbecue, great sides and their pizza is amazing, too. The collard greens are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete