Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why I love my Job

Today I'm going to take the time to blog about work, and why I love it so much.

For those who haven't followed my blog since my oh-so-awkward intro post, I work at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital as part of the Child Life Department. What this really means is that I get to interact with kids all day in a hospital setting, which I think is much different from any other working with children setting.

Regardless, work lately has been wonderful and here's why:


Sparkly Tom's Compliment Count: 10 (between Mon+Tues)
(+ One comment that I could be in the wizard of oz with these shoes. Hell yes, I could.)


I can get away with Dora bandaids

I have become a namesign creating master
(these name signs end up in the patients' rooms. Just a way to brighten up the icky hospital rooms)


We make the coolest crafts
Yes, this is pop tabs. and my new favorite jewelry piece.


Is your job as cool as mine? ;)

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE Child Life.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for what you do.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a pretty great job!

    I love working with my kids but the older ones often end up mad at me because I make their parents follow through and be consistent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reminding me how lame my desk-bound spreadsheet-filled job is! :D

    dig the toms and love that you make signs for the kids!

    ReplyDelete