Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6 Miles!

Half-Marathon training is going SO well.

Saturday was the not-so-dreaded any more 6 miles. I did the usual two miler loop by the apartment to get a feel for the temp outside - it was only around 34 degrees, and I am not a cold weather runner by any means, so I didn't know how to appropriately dress. At the same time, I was NOT going to treadmill 6 miles. So i bundled up and braved the cold.

I started off with too many layers -
under armour coldgear + lulu run:swiftly long sleeve
gloves
puma running tights

so after my 2 miles, I stopped back at home, lost the under armour and gloves and then headed off for the last 4. I ran up to north campus, did a loop, and then scooted my butt back home.

GARMIN STATS:



It was the first time I was genuinely working out for an hour+, so I felt it was finally necessary to pull out the big guns when it comes to re-fueling.



Zico Coconut Water + Bagel and TJ's creamy goat cheese

That delicious bagel came from the famous zingerman's Deli. So freaking good.

Sunday was my rest day, and yesterday I attempted a 4 miler on the treadmill post an hour of vinyasa power yoga.

The 4 miler didn't happen - I pounded out 2 miles, but then gave up. I somehow acquired an awful chest cold. So breathing is a little bit difficult.

I've been gulping down Yogi Tea's Cold Season, which is just about the only thing that makes me feel better.


BUT in exciting running news, I signed up for the Martian Meteor 5k in the hometown this morning!  The race is this upcoming Saturday morning! Hopefully my breathing situation will be improved by that point ;)



I'm excited, as this is my VERY FIRST RACE. I'm hoping to get a 10k in at some point before the June half as well.

We'll see how it goes ;)

1 comment:

  1. wooo good luck on Saturday! You'll fly through it, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete