Monday, April 18, 2011

Dexter-Ann Arbor Run + Cancer Kickers

After a heartbreaking afternoon at work yesterday, I signed up for the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run Half Marathon under the Cancer Kickers Team.

source


Cancer Kickers is a foundation formed by Phil Brabbs, a former Michigan football player and a Multiple Mylenoma fighter.

source

The Dexter-Ann Arbor run will be my very first half marathon, June 5, 2011. 48 days away.

By joining the Cancer Kickers Team, I'll be fundraising for the UM Comprehensive Cancer Center, clearly a cause I care about.

My donation page is here if you should ever feel like donating. Every little bit counts.

Working at the children's hospital has made me realize how important each and every day is. How I need to get out there and run every day because my body lets me do that.

And how important cancer research is. It is the cutting edge research that's going to save lives, day in and day out. Children should never have to die from cancer. And they do. Every day.

On this Marathon Monday, with all its excitement and passion, I think its important to recognize how those passions can help others.

2 comments: