Monday, April 4, 2011

Race Recap - Meteor 5K

RACE RECAP!

So Saturday was my race in Dearborn as part of the Martian Invasion.

On Friday night my mom and I headed to the race expo. I'm sure it was not nearly as fun as some of the other expo's that occured over the weekend (I'm looking at you more|fitness women's half), but it was still fun to pick up my bib, chip, and race shirt!



I LOVE the alien theme.  I think its so freaking fun.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early, noshed a banana and some quaker oatmeal squares, and then was off to race.

My mom tagged along and was my handy photographer for the day. Thanks mom!


about to get started. nice that she told me about my tag sticking out

and i'm off

I went into the race with no expectations. I have never run a 5k before, and my longer runs usually hit around a 9 minute mile pace. Ideally, I was happy with under 30. I blew that out of the water.



Something about the competitive nature of races gave me super powers. My mantra was "you can do anything for three miles," and I did.



Despite not having run since Monday night (an easy 2 miles post-yoga), and despite still having the remnants of a cough/cold, I ROCKED the Meteor 5k.



My chip time was 24:26.1, and I ended up 2nd female in my age group, 6th overall in my age group (just shy of the cash prize!  bummer!), 19th female overall, and 79th place for the entire run. Pretty damn impressive :)



After the race I grabbed a banana and bagels, as well as PIZZA.  what a great idea for post-race food!

cutest picture ever. 
i apologize poor people for subjecting your post race faces to the blogging world


And my final reward to myself for the race was a very berry sundae from costco. 

source

SO GOOD

2 comments: