Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What I'm Giving up for Lent: Halfway There

Nothing like being a little late to blogging about this, but I'm getting a little crazy this lent, and cutting out and committing.

So until easter, with  the exception of st patricks day, I am not eating sweets, nor bread.

If you know me at all, you know I love bread. bagels, toast, sandwiches, baguette, pita bread, breadsticks, pizza. all bread.




So this has been hard. I don't count tortillas, so I can still have wraps or quesadillas, but sweet breads, bagels, pizza, pita bread, that all counts.

And sweets. Which I also did last lent. Things that count: candy, ice cream, dessert of any kind, cookies, etc. I'm not counting things with less than 10 grams of sugar per serving (for example, my justin's vanilla almond butter has added sugar, but it only has 8 grams of sugar/serving. I'll call that okay).



And I'm committing to running a mile a day for the 46 days of lent. Although I did not run at all on Saturday, but only because it was the day before a race, so I think that's okay. Most of my miles have been weak single treadmill miles, but now that it is light until 730, and above freezing I'm sure there will be more outside runs, and I can finally ditch my gym membership. Yipee!



So no sweets, no bread, and at least 1 mile/day.

Totally do-able.

the st. paddy's day exception is for irish car bomb cupcakes -- a st paddys tradition. And probably a shamrock shake. And maybe these everything breadsticks from cottage inn because everything seasoning is EVERYTHING. (one cheat day never hurt anyone...)

No comments:

Post a Comment