Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Muffins

So I tried the other muffins again this morning and I REALLY liked them.  They're definitely more healthy/less sweet than the banana muffins, but I really liked them. I must have just been muffin'd out last night.

So I present:

White House Honey Oat Muffins
adapted from the recipe by Spike Mendelsohn


3/4 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1.5 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp corriander 
1/2 cup honey + 2 tbsp 
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup "homemade buttermilk" = 1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 large eggs

mix together all dry ingredients
wisk honey, canola oil, buttermilk, and eggs together in a separate bowl
combine 
pour into muffin cups, 2/3 full
bake at 375* for 18 minutes, or until golden and test stick comes out clean

makes about 12 muffins


Not very sweet at all, but perfect with just a little bit of earth balance buttery spread and some tea in the morning.

just crumbs leftover

Alos, muffins always make me think of muffin films.  Especially The Muffinless.  Love Amy Winfrey!  Don't be muffinless!  


4 comments:

  1. OMG love the muffin films!!! I had totally forgotten about those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (oh and my favorite is The Muffin Tree!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tara I love the muffin tree too, but I just watched it and thought it was a little too upsetting for my blog. the muffinless is more open to interpretation rather than 'she dropped dead'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. more muffins! i made buttermilk that way last time too. seemed to work out fine!

    ReplyDelete